Home
Guest Posts
Print|Email|Text Size: ||
Elderly Dog Survives Sidewalk Electrocution
Faulty wiring leads to near-tragedy

Princess' elderly owner had asked a neighbor to take her for a walk in their Brooklyn neighborhood. Both were surprised when the little senior mix started crying and shaking while on the sidewalk. Salt and water had conducted electricity to Princess' paws due to faulty wiring at a nearby apartment building. Fortunately, she survived and her veterinarian said she appears to be physically fine. All the more reason to make sure you clear your driveway and sidewalk of ice. If a neighbor is out of town or cannot shovel their property, offer to help so that everyone can be safe, including our pups.

Print|Email

Julia Kamysz Lane, owner of Spot On K9 Sports and contributing editor at The Bark, is the author of multiple New Orleans travel guides, including Frommer’s New Orleans Day by Day (3rd Edition). Her work has also appeared in The New York Times Magazine, Poets and Writers and Publishers Weekly.

SpotOnK9Sports.com
CommentsPost a Comment
Please note comments are moderated. After being approved your comment will appear below.
Submitted by Lisa Wogan | January 5 2010 |

More dogs were shocked. This time near a lamppost on a Santa Fe street, according to a story in The Santa Fe New Mexican on December 31, 2009. (Link: http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local%20News/Shocker--Lamppost-short-ci...) Thankfully, no dogs were seriously injured and their people were protected by rubber soled shoes.

More in Guest Posts:
Jedi Surfs
This Dog Loves Guitar!
Play Ball
Hope Needs a Forever Home
Dogs and Lipomas
Pittsburgh Symphony Goes to the Dogs
Mean Seed Season
Affordable Cure for Parvo
You are Invited to a Canine Science Conference
Southern Dog Rescues